Our Expat Medical & Disability Insurance is extremely comprehensive and provides the resources to build a stronger and more satisfied workforce. Few companies can match the flexibility of our Expat Medical & Disability Insurance benefits package, which permits us to tailor our proposal to your specific requirements.
There are many methods available to control insurance costs and to customize a plan to meet the needs of your staff. Clients may select from several Deductible and Co-Payment levels to control costs, as well as the geographic coverage that best suits their needs. For an additional premium, clients can choose from optional features like Preventive Care Benefits, Vision and Dental Care, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, and emergency medical insurance for travelers.
Safe Passage International offers three types of geographic coverage: Worldwide, International and International Plus.
- No geographic restrictions
- Treatment may be received anywhere in the world
- Pre-authorization is required for the curtain procedures
- No reimbursement for treatment received in the U.S. or Canada, under any conditions
- Some specific areas, such as Hong Kong, Singapore, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom require a co-pay equal to 20% of the first $10,000 of covered expenses; assessed per person, per policy year, and in addition to any other basic policy or treatment co-pays.
- Full reimbursement in all other areas
- Full procedures and list of restricted areas is available at www.claimssite.com
International Plus Coverage
- Emergency treatment is available in restricted areas
- Emergency treatment is defined in policy, and requires pre-approval
Schedule of Benefits*
PAYS UP TO
$2 Million per year
|Emergency Medical Evacuation|
- $2,000,000 annual benefit maximum - relieves concern over limited coverage.
- No lifetime benefit maximum - complete peace of mind even for long-term needs.
- Full coverage for preexisting conditions - eliminates concern over existing medical conditions.
- Emergency medical air transportation - provides for air evacuation when necessary.
- Dependent Coverage - allows for full coverage of dependents until age 21 or 24.
- Prescription drugs - are subject to a 20% co-payment outside of the United States
- HIV coverage including AIDS treatment - excludes coverage as a pre-existing condition.
- Well baby care - covers up to 9 visits and up to 24 months for immunizations.
- Maternity benefit of $10,000 - covers standard deliveries; 50% coverage over $10,000.
- Emergency Room Treatment - covers standard emergency room expenses.
- Emergency Dental - $5,000 maximum for emergency treatment
- Acupuncture / homeopathy - annual coverage of $500.
- Addictive Conditions - includes treatment program for drug and alcohol abuse.
- Charges in Excess of Usual and Customary - patient is responsible for excess costs.
- Addictive Conditions - treatment as a result of drug and alcohol abuse and self-inflicted injury.
- Reproductive Treatments - birth control pills, vasectomies, sexual dysfunction.
- Cosmetic and Elective Surgery - treatment not deemed medically necessary.
* For complete details of coverage, refer to the Summary of Insurance.