No organization is exempt from today's growing array of management liability exposures - or the skyrocketing claims costs and damage awards that can accompany management liability suits. No insurance company understands these exposures and equips organizations to respond to them - better than our insurer, AIG.
AIG has been tailoring management liability policies for both small, local organizations and the largest national associations for more than 25 years. Today, we offer these organizations and those who serve them the broadest D & O liability insurance, the most expansive EPL insurance, and the only third party discrimination protection available anywhere, in a single, cost-effective policy:Not-for-Profit Protector®, ground-breaking coverage designed exclusively for not-for-profit organizations.
Not-for-profit organizations can also benefit from CrisisFund® for Non-Profits, an innovative policy endorsement that enables Insureds to harness the expertise of the nation's top crisis management public relations firms to help protect their organization's reputation and avoid D & O lawsuits.
- Broadest definition of Insured, including Organizations :
- Committee Members
- Faculty Members
- Department Heads
- Broadest employment practices liability coverage, including: broadest definition of Employment Practices Claim
- Non-employment discrimination coverage - covers discrimination and sexual harassment claims brought by third parties (e.g. students, patients), whether brought individually or as a class
- Broadest definition of Wrongful Act, including: Employment practices claims; copyright or trademark infringement claims, anti-trust claims, plagiarism claims, third party (non-employment discrimination) claims
- Optional Duty to Defend (Insured has the choice of controlling defense or giving Insurer the Duty to Defend)
- Unique retention waivers:
- No retention in event of financial insolvency
- 100% retention reimbursement upon a finding of No Liability
- 10% retention reimbursement upon acceptance of first qualified Settlement Opportunity
- Automatic for-profit subsidiary coverage
- Coverage for multiple damage awards under the ADA and Equal Pay Act
- Punitive or exemplary damages coverage available
- Coverage for back pay and front pay
- Pre-judgment and post-judgment interest coverage
- Provides pre-approved, elite class action defense law firms
- Policy non-cancelable by Insurer (except for nonpayment of premium)
- Bilateral discovery Optional one-, two-, or three-year
- Discovery Period Spousal Extension coverage
- Worldwide coverage
- 30-day post-policy reporting window
- Insured vs. Insured exclusion applicable only to claims made against an Insured by the Organization.
Please submit a completed Policy Application to Safe Passage International, along with the following documents:
- Constitution and By-laws.
- List of Directors, Officers and Trustees
- Latest annual report with audited Financials, (if audited financials are not available, please submit a Treasurer's Warranty Letter guaranteeing the Organization's financials).
- Latest EEO-1 report.
Insurance underwritten by member companies of American International Group, Inc. The description herein is a summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the coverage described. Please refer to the actual policy for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.