Large-scale employment practices lawsuits can be avoided altogether, or lessened in severity, through timely, expert intervention: a well thought-out media strategy; thorough, early investigation of an issue; the insight of specialized employment practices legal counsel - all can help weed out a problem before it grows, or minimize damages after an employment practices incident has occurred.
- Insureds can use Employment CrisisFund to hire any public relations firm, media consultant, investigative agency or law firm
- Insureds may also select a firm from our pre-approved panel of leading crisis management agencies
- Coverage is triggered by the insured's General Counsel when an employment crisis incident is reported in the media, discovered by senior management, or alleged by a potential claimant
- Funds are available virtually any time management becomes aware of a potentially severe employment practices problem
- No claim against the underlying policy is required
- Employment crisis is defined as any event that has resulted in or is reasonably expected to result in one of the following employment practices claims:
- A class action employment practices lawsuit
- A civil or criminal action alleging sexual harassment by a company executive
- A civil action or compliance audit initiated by the EEOC or a similar state agency
- A civil action alleging retaliatory conduct in response to whistleblower actions
Refer to the employment practices liability policy
Insurance underwritten by member companies of American International Group, Inc. The description herein is a summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the coverage described. Please refer to the actual policy for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.
Last updated 01/11/2005
The data contained on this website are for general informational purposes only. The advice of a professional insurance broker and counsel should always be obtained before purchasing any insurance product or service. The information contained herein has been compiled from sources believed to be reliable. No warranty, guarantee, or representation, either express or implied, is made as to the correctness or sufficiency of any representation contained herein. Copyright © 2006